Entry Level Electrical Engineer – Austin, TX
MET Laboratories, Inc. is one of the Nation’s leading laboratories for the testing and certification of electronic and electrical products. We are a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and have been serving clients for over 50 years.
Our Austin, TX location is currently seeking an experienced technicians and entry level Electrical Engineers, dedicated team players who we can train to perform Regulatory Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) testing.
- Receive training on and perform conducted/radiated radio frequency (RF) emissions/susceptibility testing.
- Coordinate first hand with our clients and sales on a daily basis in order to provide the best customer service.
- Test a wide range of cutting edge, electronic commercial equipment.
- Become knowledgeable on electromagnetic phenomena, including radio frequency (RF), electrostatic discharge (ESD), Lightning, magnetic fields, and more.
- Assist lab manager and other EMC Engineers with related tasks and execution of daily testing/work in the lab.
- Engage in problem solving activities to address product emissions and immunity issues. This will involve identification of root-cause, solution implementation, and verification.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work 8:30am-5pm, Monday through Friday
- Occasional 2nd shift and evening/weekend overtime
- MS in Electrical Engineering
- 3 years’ experience in an EMC Laboratory
- Detailed knowledge of EMC phenomena and theory
- Familiarity with world-wide EMC standards
To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.metlabs.com.
This is a very hands-on position that will require the candidate to interact with a number of different clients on many different levels. This position will be primarily first shift and will start out with training for the first one to two months. After initial training, overtime will be required as needed.
This is a full time position and we are an equal opportunity employer. We offer comprehensive benefits to include medical, life insurance, vacation and optional 401k.
Interested candidates may submit their resume by email or complete the online application for immediate consideration.